California Notice of Collection of Personal Information: Daily Polished collects and uses the personal information described in Section 2, Information We Collect and How We Use It, for the purposes described in Section 2. California residents: to learn more about Daily Polished’s collection and use of personal information, including how to opt out of sales or sharing of personal information, please scroll down to Section 14, Your California Privacy Rights.
2. Information We Collect and How We Use It
Information You Share: Daily Polished collects information from you when you choose to share it with us, called “Information You Share“. This may include when you use our Sites to join our membership program, make a purchase, request customer support, engage in other transactions or activities. The information we collect may include your name, your username, your e-mail address, your mailing address, your telephone number, your date of birth, and your credit card or other payment information. If you contact our customer support team (by email, chat, or telephone) then we will also collect the content of your communications with us. We will use this information to resolve your inquiries and to ensure the quality of our customer support.
We use Information you Share for business purposes, including to enter into a transaction agreement with you, to provide the services requested and fulfill your orders, to process payments and prevent transactional fraud, to respond to inquiries, and to validate membership activity. When you order products through our Site, your name, shipping address, and email address will be shared with our Brand Partners, whose products you are purchasing so that they may fulfill your orders, and to communicate with you about your orders. In accordance with our Membership Agreement, our Brand Partners may use this information to contact you for marketing and advertising purposes.
We may also use Information You Share for commercial purposes, including to contact you or send you notifications about products and services that you have ordered, to send you notifications about products and services that we otherwise think may be of interest to you, or to send you promotional items, gifts, or account credits from time to time, in our sole discretion. On occasion, we may have other reasons for processing your personal information, but these purposes are compatible with the purposes for which you provided your information to us and our legitimate business interests.
Daily Polished uses Information We Collect Automatically for the following business and commercial purposes:
- (a) to diagnose and prevent service or technology problems;
- (b) to help us provide you with customized content and promotions;
- (c) to prepare geographical or other statistical data to help us better serve our Users;
- (d) to create new features, promotions, and services in connection with the Sites;
- (e) to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns;
- (f) to monitor the use of the Sites;
- (g) to confirm that Users have visited previously;
- (h) to keep track of the status of your shopping cart; and
- (i) to perform other functions on the Sites.
You can set your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. However, if you set your browser to disable all cookies, some features of the Sites may not function properly. Please see our Cookies & Tracking Technologies Policy for more information on your choices regarding cookies.
3. Disclosure of your Information
Unless otherwise disclosed at the time of collection of information, Daily Polished does not share your information with third parties other than our Brand Partners for their own direct marketing purposes.
Daily Polished may also provide your information to service-providers who provide marketing insights, such as lookalike models or other statistical research. Daily Polished may also provide general demographic, aggregated, or deidentified information about Users and their preferences to advertisers and other existing or prospective business partners.
In addition, Daily Polished reserves the right to share information with authorized third parties if:
- (a) we believe we are required to do so in accordance with law, regulation or to respond to a subpoena, court order, or other lawful request by a public authority, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- (c) we believe that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to take precautions against liability;
- (d) we believe that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations;
- (e) we believe that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the security or integrity of the Sites or services;
- (f) we believe that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, safety or property of Daily Polished, our Users or others; or
We may further share your information as otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collection.
4. Advertising Choices
Even if you opt out, you may still receive advertising from us that is not customized based on your interests or preferences, or that is from other parties that are not participants in the DAA or NAI.
We take measures to help keep information secure and to help prevent it from becoming disclosed. Even though we follow procedures to try to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect so we cannot guarantee, and you should not expect, that your information will be secure in all circumstances. When you enter you payment information on our forms, your information is stored directly on our payment processing partner’s system and the transmission of that information is encrypted. We do not store or have access to that information.
6. Data Rights
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure Information You Share is accurate and complete and we will update or correct your information as needed when notified by you. In addition, you can manage your account information through your Daily Polished account. If you would like to request to verify your personal information, identify any inaccuracy in your personal information, or change your personal information in any way or if you have a legal right to and would like to request access to your personal information, please email us at Care@DailyPolished.com.
California Residents : see Section 13, Your California Privacy Rights below.
We will retain information we collect in active files or systems as long as needed to meet the purposes for which it was collected, to fulfill the other purposes outlined herein, or as necessary to satisfy legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
8. Other Sites
9. Changes to this Policy
10. How We Communicate with You
11. Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers and devices allow you to broadcast a preference that your activities online not be “tracked“. At this time, our Sites do not take action in response to “do not track“ signals.
The Service is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from children under the age of 13.
If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at privacy@Daily Polished.com.
If we become aware that we have collected personal information of a child under 13 years of age through the Sites or services, we take steps to remove that information and terminate the child’s account.
13. Your California Privacy Rights
This section applies only to California residents. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information“ has the meaning given in the CCPA but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA. In some cases we may provide a different privacy notice to certain categories of California residents, such as job applicants, in which case that notice will apply instead of this section.
13.2 Your rights.
As a California resident, you have the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- (a) Access. You can request, up to two times each year, that we disclose the categories and/or specific pieces of Personal Information that we collect, use, disclose, and may sell.
- (b) Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions such as to complete a transaction for you, to exercise our rights, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- (c) Correction. You can ask us to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we collect about you.
- (d) Opt-out of sales and sharing. If we sell or share your Personal Information, you can opt-out of any sale or sharing of your Personal Information.
- (e) Limit the Use of Sensitive Personal Information. Californian’s have the right to limit a business’s use or disclosure of sensitive personal information for non-permissible purposes. However, we do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for non-permissible purposes under the CCPA.
- (f) Nondiscrimination.You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from retaliation or discriminatory treatment as prohibited by the CCPA.
13.3 Right to access, correction and deletion.
You may submit a request to exercise your right to access, correction or deletion of your Personal Information by email to Care@DailyPolished.com.. We will need to verify your identity to process your request and reserve the right to confirm your California residency. To verify your identity, we may require you to verify your email address, to log into your service account if you have one, or to provide government identification or other information. Your authorized agent may make a request on your behalf upon our verification of the agent’s identity and our receipt of a copy of a valid power of attorney given to your authorized agent pursuant to California Probate Code Sections 4000-4465. If you have not provided your agent with such a power of attorney, you must provide your agent with written and signed permission to exercise your CCPA rights on your behalf, provide the information we request to verify your identity, and provide us with written confirmation that you have given the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
13. 4 Notice of right to opt-out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your Personal Information.
Like many companies, we use online advertising services that employ cookies and similar technologies to collect information about your device and online activity on our sites and other online services. They use this information to try to tailor the ads you see online to your interests. Our use of some of these services may be classified under California law as a “sale” or “sharing” of your Personal Information to the advertising partners because they collect information from our users to help them serve ads more likely to interest users on behalf of us and their other clients. You can opt-out of the use of this data for interest-based advertising purposes by navigating to the homepage, clicking Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information in the footer and setting your preferences. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell or share personal information of consumers under 13 years of age.
13.5 Personal information that we collect, use and disclose
The list below summarizes the Personal Information we collect by reference to the categories of Personal Information specified in the CCPA. Information you voluntarily provide to us, such as in free-form webforms, may contain other categories of personal information not described below.
- (a) Personal Information Collected: Identifiers/biographical information, characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (i.e., age), commercial information, payment card information, internet or other electronic network activity information, and geolocation information. The sources of this information are the consumer, analytics providers, advertising partners, social networks, service providers, business partners, and data brokers.
- (b) Disclosure of Personal Information: We disclose the following categories of personal information to our service providers for business purposes: Identifiers/biographical information, characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (i.e., age), commercial information, payment card information about you, internet or other electronic network activity information, and geolocation information. To learn more, please see Section 3, Disclosure of Your Information, above.
- (c) “Sale” or “Sharing” of Personal Information: We may “sell” or “share” (as defined in the CCPA) the following categories of personal information to advertising partners to facilitate online advertising: Identifiers/biographical information, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider: (i) the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information; (ii) the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information; (iii) the purposes for which we process your personal information; and (iv) applicable legal requirements.
14. Changing and Deleting
You may access Information You Share through your profile on our Sites and delete, change, or modify certain information. For additional assistance with modifying, correcting or deleting information provided to our Sites, contact us at Care@DailyPolished.com.
15. Questions or Complaints
If we cannot resolve your question or complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to file a complaint with the competent data protection Supervisory Authority in your jurisdiction.